Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back to My Customers

After spending three weeks quilting almost 20 quilts for the Lockyer Valley Floods I have got back to customer quilts.


The these two quilts are for young children and I had a lot of fun playing with them.  The first one the customer asked for flowers, bugs and garden things.  She is yet to applique dragonflies over the top.
The second quilt top is made from a panel from the Storybook "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".  I used to recite this book to my own children so I enjoyed now putting a quilt to the story.  I didn't put it one apple, two pears etc but I was tempted!  Of course it had to have beautiful butterflies somewhere in the quilting along with the leaves the big,fat caterpillar ate.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilts.... I am working on a few donation quilts for my guild. Thanks for sharing these little darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Is it possible to get another one of these made? - My sister is going with the theme of very hungry caterpillar for her (long-awaited) 2nd bub and she would just absolutely adore this!

    ReplyDelete