Friday, April 1, 2011

Over the River quilt

I entered the embroidered quilt of my posts from March in our Local Royal(Agricultural) Show.  When I went for a visit to the show today I found out that the quilt had won First Place in its category and also Champion of the Patchwork Section.  My total prize money for the quilt was the same amount as the entry to the show!!!!

But it now goes on to  EKKA in August which is the State wide Quilts Across Queensland Exhibition. I just might try to finish a couple of more quilts to put in other categories in Ekka too. 

I don't make the quilts to put in a show.  I make them for me, then enter them in a show for others to see.
One of these years I may make a quilt purely for the show circuit, but that sounds like a lot of hard work to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment