Monday, April 23, 2012

Close to the end of TQ Raffle Quilt

This is a close up photo of the detail of the quilting within the ribbons that flow across the quilt. The opening in my machines foot is 1/4" so it gives you an idea of the size of the quilting.

It is a new machine so I have gone overboard with the quilting to give the machine a good workout.  I am learning all about its great features and I am really happy.

This is the fill I am putting between the ribbons.  I am using a variegated thread in autumn tones that ties in well with the different coloured batiks.

After almost twenty five hours of planning, pinning, stitching, rolling, changing threads, winding bobbins etc  I can see the end of the quilt.  I may actually get to finish it tomorrow evening and get it blocked before Anzac Day.

The binding will have to wait until next Monday as I have other commitments before then. So hopefully I can sit at TQ next Tuesday and sew the binding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment