Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Simple Things

Sometimes it is the simplest things in life that can give a lot of pleasure.
We drove about 2700 kilometres last week to visit family for a niece's wedding.
Stopped with my daughter on the way south, borrowed the grandson and drove further south to stay overnight with my son.
To see my son and husband chasing each other around the house with Nerf guns, priceless. My son and grandson playing with water pistols.......fantastic.
The wedding and catching up with my husband's family, while still spending more time with my grandson before the long drive home...... that could be a holiday.

For the last two years as I have driven through the Pilliga Scrub, at this time of the year I was sure I could see flannel flowers growing.  So on this trip on the way down I studied just where they grew.  Mentioned something to my husband on the way home and he pulled up.  So I scrambled up the sandstone embankment to take some photos.

Later on we saw them closer to the road on the flat and at one stage you could see them growing further into the bush.

This is the first time I have been up close and personal to a flannel flower and to me that is priceless. This one lone beauty is still looking healthy and it wasn't taken from a state forest!

No comments:

Post a Comment